To ensure that customers who need to contact the Department are not disadvantaged as a result of language barriers, interpreters can be organised on behalf of customers to assist and documents can be translated into an appropriate language upon request.
If you need help as a result of a hearing or speech impairment the National Relay Service can assist and can be contacted by telephoning 13 36 77 (free call).
You can interact with us in the following ways:
- using the Environment Online portal to refer and monitor progress of proposals, access guidance, view project and proposal information for environmental impact assessments, comment on referrals and other information made available for public comment and submit enquires.
- submitting documents electronically using the forms and templates available on our website – see Contact Us for more information on email addresses and other ways to submit documents electronically;
- over the counter at our offices at Prime House, 8 Davidson Terrace, Joondalup WA 6027 or at our regional offices.
- by mail to Locked Bag 10, Joondalup WA 6919.
- by phone on 1800 161 176.